Thorough aftercare advice will be provided to each individual client, tailored to their own specific needs. We take on board allergies, medical conditions, etc and adjust our aftercare accordingly. A paper version as a reminder is always available as you are leaving the studio and here are our basic aftercare instructions split into two stages:
Stage 1 – The first five days after tattooing:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before attempting to touch the tattoo.
- Use whichever soap or shower gel you normally use and lather it into the palm of your hand. Using only your palm or fingertips to wash your tattoo ensure a thorough, firm wash - no sponges etc. Remember hands only!
- Use the hottest comfortable temperature water that you can and then rinse in cool water. Remember that freshly tattooed skin will be more sensitive, so be cautious with hot water. Ensure all soap is rinsed off the tattoo.
- Pat the tattoo dry using a clean dry towel and allow any remaining moisture to air dry for a few minutes.
- Once completely dry apply the cream your tattoo artist suggested (Tattoo Goo) using the tips of your fingers; massaging a thin layer of the cream well into the tattoo.
- Cover the tattoo using a fresh new piece of cling film and secure it to the skin with medical tape (Micropore).
Stage 2 – For up to two weeks thereafter and beyond:
- Stop applying cream and stop using cling film on your tattoo. Now, it is best to use a moisturiser (E45 or Astral) frequently and as required.
- To ensure the colour in your tattoo stays bright and fresh as the day it was done, we recommend using a high factor sun block or sunscreen to avoid sun damage for the life of your tattoo.
If any problems arise, or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.